Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hello!

Phew! It's been a hell of a hard time these days. I Managed find a job right after graduation and am now sitting from my office typing this in my outdated blog. Amatuer radio of all things has taken a backseat and motocycling is in! I managed to get my hands broken this year but I'm recovering now!

There have been some upgrades in the shack as well. A Kenwood TS450 is now a part of th shack along with a mismatched 7 Mhz Dipole which works Incredibly well on 21 Mhz! To supplement the TS 450, I have a 10 A Junk market Power supply. Both of these are courtesy of VU2ABS and VU2JA! Thank you guys! I've had my share of fun on SSB with a Homebrew 7 Mhz Rx and a Homebrew 7 Mhz TRX.

Since It been almost a year since I wielded a soldering Iron, I've decided to allocate time on my long lost, yet favourite hobby to keep my spirts high. I still ahvent boxed up my SDR nor is that BITX complete! Need to work on that soon! I'm planning to order a USB-PIC programmer (due to the cost and laziness factor involved!) from Extreme Electronics. That should give me some opening to PIC microcontrollers and a chance to study after a long time!

The Blog will be updated as and when I get time! I swear! Since Geocities has shut down I'm looking forward to move the blog to a better host and have my own personal website.

Look forward to more Homebrew electronics and antenna projects soon!

73's
Ragav

No comments: